In line with the resumption of MOE Outdoor Adventure Learning (OAL) Cohort Camps (residential) from Term 3, 2022 onwards, all residential camp training for all levels can resume from 27 June 2022.
This circular outlines the updated SMMs for Scout Leaders’ compliance, in accordance with the updated MOE guidelines.
With the further easing of community SMMs:
- There will be no cap on the group activity sizes and safe distancing will also no longer be required beween individuals or between groups.
- Masks may be removed when outdoors, performing strenuous activity in enclosed venues (but will have to be put on after the completion of such activity and during rest breaks), sleeping.
For Scouting activities at both unit and Area level, Scouts are to exercise good personal hygiene and social responsibility
- Instructors and Scouts are to wash their hands with soap or sanitise their hands before and after an OIL activity, and before handling any prop or equipment.
- Individual bento meals can be catered for participants, if required.
- Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) will only apply for events with more than 500 participants
Please note that all height based activities remain suspended.
Students who have just completed their vaccination dose or booster shot will be excused for two weeks from strenuous physical activities. Students with mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 infection should also avoid strenuous physical activity for 2 weeks after their first positive COVID-19 test (PCR or ART). Thereafter, they may gradually resume physical activity as tolerated. Adult Leaders are also reminded to monitor and be vigilant to their Scouts’ health conditions to ensure the safety of all members.