The National Training Team (NTT) invites all leaders to sign up for the above-mentioned course.
Student Leadership Challenge is a framework to help leaders to develop and evaluate their youths. Leaders will be introduced to The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership Model and how it helps youth leaders to be at their personal best. It turns the abstract concept of leadership into easy-to-grasp practices and behaviours that can be taught and learned by anyone willing to accept the challenge to lead. Kindly see Course Write-Up for more details.
Please refer to Annex A on the upcoming course date. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis for all interested leaders, and registration is on MSDS at http://intranet.scout.org.sg. No withdrawal/refund is allowed once registration is confirmed.
For clarifications, please contact Ms Evan Ong, Executive (HR & Training) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6911 5798 for assistance.
We look forward to your enthusiastic participation.
INTRODUCTION TO STUDENT LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE
|Total Course Duration:||8 hours|
|Course Date & Timing:||8 April 2023 (Saturday)|
|Venue:||SSA HQ – Level 2, Training & Programme Room|
|Course Fee:||$50 (subjected to prevailing GST charges)|
|Course Subsidy:||Full attendance is required for partial subsidy with MOE Uniformed Group (UG) Grant; no-show fee of $150+ applies.|
|Attire:||Comfortable active wear with covered shoes|
|Class Size:||12 (min) to 40 (max)|
- Upon confirmation of registration, no withdrawal will be allowed once invoice is generated unless the organiser cancels the event.
- A no-show fee will be imposed on absentees without valid reasons or medical certificates.
- Prevailing GST charges applies.
The Singapore Scout Association reserves the right to cancel/postpone the event and reject applicants where necessary.
Course Write Up:
The Student Leadership Challenge (SLC) Workshop shares information on the well-known Student Leadership Model, focusing on how we motivate our youths to mobilise others to want to get things done. It’s about the practices that leaders use to transform values into actions, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations, separateness into solidarity, and risks into rewards.
Grounded in over 30 years of extensive research, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner have identified The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership that are common when leaders are able to make extraordinary things happen.
This workshop shares how the Adult Leaders and Teachers can use the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership to inculcate in their Scout programmes and Youth Movement today.
Who is it for?
Adult leaders or unit leaders:
- Those who aim to utilise and experiment the SLC model for their youth leadership tier, ie for the Patrol Leaders’ Council or the Sixers’ Council
- Those running group level camps/activities that involves youth empowerment and decision
- In charge of running Area level youth training courses
Through this sharing, participants will be able to:
- Identify their leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- Seek clarity and communicate individual and team values
- Understand and support their team’s dynamic, strategic direction and how they can contribute toward collective success
- Fostering collaboration, building teamwork, and developing a foundation of trust Strengthening others’ abilities to excel
- Recognising and encouraging the accomplishments of others.
- Interactive Lectures
- Group Discussion
- Scenario Based Activities
- Group Presentations